Become a YP!
If you have an advanced level of theater training and the drive to reach your potential, the Young Professionals Company is the next best step.
Young Professionals are dedicated theater students–ages 14 and up–who seek advanced training through exposure to a wide range of college-level workshops and professional development. The YP program is dedicated to building a supportive community of theater peers, providing them with resources, information, and professional on-the-job experience.
- Mentorship from OCT's artistic leaders, education team, instructors, and YP Reps.
- College-level workshops, master classes, and special events.
- Exposure to the theater community and tickets to professional theater productions.
- Support and resources for parents.
- Audition coaching, apprenticeships, and additional training opportunities.
- Opportunities to be cast and crew for three professional YP Company productions.
- And much more!
How to Apply:
Interviews for the 2017-18 YP Company will start May 8, 2017 and end July 21, 2017. Interviews typically take 45 minutes. Please bring a headshot, resume, and have a one-minute monologue prepared. A parent/guardian will also need to attend.
-- Must be age 14 no later than August 31, 2017
-- Should have been cast in or worked on at least 2 productions
-- Should have at least 2 years of theater training (OCT classes/training preferred)
(If you don't meet requirements but would like more information, feel free to contact us.)
Use the form below to contact our Education Director with questions OR set up an interview.
*Due to space limitations, not everyone who applies will be accepted.