Become a YP!
The award-winning Young Professionals Company is made up of dedicated theater students–ages 14 and up–who seek advanced training through exposure to a wide range of college-level workshops, professional development, resources, and information.
Young Professionals thrive on collaboration, challenging themselves to reach their potential and fostering a supportive environment where it's safe for everyone to reach for their dreams. While talent is important, YPs must have the desire and work ethic to build on the skills they have, and the interest to learn their craft from multiple experiences and perspectives.
YPs are committed to expanding the company's diversity. We encourage all to apply.
- Mentorship from OCT's artistic leaders, education team, instructors, and YP Reps.
- College-level workshops, master classes, and special events.
- Exposure to the theater community and tickets to professional theater productions.
- Support and resources for parents.
- Audition coaching, apprenticeships, and additional training opportunities.
- Opportunities to be cast and crew for three professional YP Company productions.
- And much more!
Be age 14 or older by August 1, 2018
Have worked on at least 2 productions (professional or non-professional)
Have at least 2 years of theater training (OCT classes/training preferred)
If you don't meet requirements but would like more information, feel free to contact us.
You must attend one of the following YP Informational Meetings along with a parent/guardian. Fill out the form below and indicate which meeting you can attend.
- Monday, May 21, 2018 — 6:00-7:15pm
- Monday, June 25, 2018 — 6:00-7:15pm
This meeting will cover YP Company benefits, requirements, and opportunities; as well as a Q&A with the YP Company Director and YP Company members.
If it is impossible for you to make either meeting, email your materials no later than July 12, 2018.
Please bring to the meeting:
- Resume (include current contact information, shows you've worked on, classes you've taken, etc.)
- Headshot or current photo
- Letter of recommendation (theater reference, teacher, employer, etc.)
Questions about any of the above? Please contact us.
If you have applied for the YP Company previously, you do not need to attend the informational meeting (though you are welcome to if you'd like a refresher). Fill out the form below and indicate that you are a returning applicant.
After you apply for the YP Company and submit your materials, you may be contacted to set up an interview/audition.
Due to space limitations, not everyone who applies will be contacted. Also, not everyone who interviews will be accepted.
Interview/auditions for the 2018-19 YP Company start May 21, 2018 and end July 20, 2018. You will need to have a one-minute monologue to perform. If you wish, you may also prepare 16 bars to sing a cappella.
A parent or guardian must be present if they did not attend the informational meeting.
Questions? Comments? Please don't hesitate to contact us!
Dani Baldwin, Education Director
503-228-9571 x106, email@example.com