Kaiser Permanente’s Educational Theatre Program, in collaboration with Oregon Children’s Theatre, seeks performers for our fall touring production of Above Below Between by Ramon Esquivel, a new show for middle school students about conflict, technology, and bystander intervention.
- Perform the 30 minute show twice daily, Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri with Wednesdays off.
- Facilitate/participate in post-show dialogue with audience
- Maintain quality/consistency of performance during a long tour
- Participation in load-in/load-out and set up of set
Friday, 8/18, 4-7pm
Saturday, 8/19, 11am-3pm
Monday, 8/27, 10am-1pm
Audition will consist of one short contemporary comedic monologue and prepared sides. To request an audition please send your headshot/resume to email@example.com and indicate availability during the two audition times.
Rayna – A focused student and peer leader – since being ostracized from her friend group, she’s spending more and more of her time with a friend she met online, but whom she knows very little about.
Kazumi – A warm, friendly goofball whose appetite for mischief occasionally ventures into the cruel. He obsesses over his shoes and stylish appearance.
Antony – Spends most of his time carefully curating his trending YouTube channel, “Bacon Tacos,” and trying to keep up with his various online personas. Doesn’t care much for what’s happening IRL.
Performers will portray middle school students and should therefore read “young.” Performers of all ethnicities and genders are encouraged to apply.
· Tour dates: 10/9 – 12/15, and one week in January that is flexible depending on availability.
· Rehearses 9/25 – 10/6, times TBD, but most likely daytimes.
· Typical schedule is 7:30am-3:30pm, but it varies daily based on travel distance to the school, etc.
· Pay rate is $13/hr with an average of 30 hours per week.
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
OCT and ETP are committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that respects and celebrates individual differences and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and strive to promote equity in our hiring practices inclusive of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, class, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status. We especially encourage applications from candidates of traditionally underrepresented communities, and those who can help advance our goals of equity, diversity, and inclusion.